Friday, June 10, 2011

Suntory Hakushu 10yo 40% abv



Nose: Oak, flat cola, faint hints of licorice all sorts, dirt dust, slightly florally.

Taste: Barley, oak, sweetness, remote spice.

Finish: Light, short to medium, dry but delightful.

Overall: As much as I like this, it does not compare to the 12-year old. I think for me, the distinguishable, slight rolling peat in the older expression does its justice. Having said that, the 10-year old is certainly pleasant. 

Comments: I seriously have to discipline my self when drinking any expression of Hakushu. I find the rim of the glass closer to my mouth than my nose, waiting to be consumed, wanting the mouthfeel without delay. As I mentioned in the 12-year old review, for me Hakushu is one of my favourites.


Reviewed by Clint A

No comments:

Post a Comment