Adding Japanese whisky to your home bar or collection dose not have to be pricey. There are many great affordable Japanese whiskies available (providing you are residing in Japan) that wont burn a hole in your pocket. You can get a variety of quality Japanese whiskies including single malts, pure malts, and blended whisky to delight in for under 10,000 yen ($126/98 Euros). Whiskies R Us suggests considering (in view of quantity to fill up your shelves) the following inexpensive drams to enjoy if you are on a budget. However, if you’re looking for quality more so than quantity and money isn’t an issue the options are endless. What would you buy taking into account quantity with the mentioned budget?
1) Mars 3&7 Blend – Shinshu Hombo 720ml (1200 yen)
2) Yoichi NAS Single Malt – Nikka 500ml (1,400 yen)*
3) Suntory Royal NAS Blend – Suntory 660ml (2,290 yen)*
4) Akashi Domestic Blend (containing spirit) - Eigashima 500ml (1,050 yen)
5) Black Pure Malt – Nikka 500ml (1,580 yen)
6) Miyagikyo NAS Single Malt – Nikka 500ml (1,400 yen)*
7) Taketsuru 12 YO Blend – Nikka 180ml (1,000 yen)
* Currently on special at participating supermarkets.
(Prices are approximate and will change depending on area and where purchased).